Thread: the problem with over (uber) equiping (twinking)

Talking the problem with over (uber) equiping (twinking)

My problem is not ALL classes can OVER equip... only certin ones. makeing it UNBALLANCED. how is it fare if someone using str/stam armer can get a +60 buff to those skills and someone with int/psi armer can only get a +12?!?! is that ballance. a level 60 caricter can easely equip ql 100 armer. i am lucky to equip my int/psi ql 100 armer at level 80! and further more and even greater is wepons, if a level 70 enforcer can equip a ql 200 hammer (seen it) or a trader at level 50 with a ql 200 shotgun that dose well over 3000 dammage. or a level 60 soldier with a ql 150 nova flow, or a level 60 agent with a ql 180 stigma. and me a level 70 NT is MAXED with ql 119 nanos that do piddly dammage in comparision. how exactly is that ballanced. if i could use my ql 150-200 nanos it would atleast be a fare fight! all these classes can EASILY over equip with SUCH high dammage outputs that the casting/ pet classes don;t stand a chance. after the last patch i have still died in one hit to people that are less than my level.

my problem is not over equiping but balance. some classes are sevearly limited by what they can equip and use, while other classes are capible of equiping some searus equipment.

here are my suggestoins for solving the problem.....
    IDEA 1. if a player dose not meet the requirment of a wepon by a certin percentage then they are unable to use the wepon....

IDEA 2. if a player dose not meet the requirments of a wepon by a certin percentage there attack rating is lowered acording to how high they are over equiping.. making the gun much less effective and posably even less effective than a lower ql gun.

IDEA 3. if a player dose not meet the requirments of a wepon by a certin percentage, during combat they have a chance (depending how highly over equipd the wepon is) of acidently shooting/smashing/cuting themselves.
    example: you hit xxxx for 240 dammge
    you hit xxxx for 329 dammage
    due to your inexperance with your wepon you axidently shoot your self in the foot for 223 dammage
    you hit xxxx for 252 dammage

IDEA 4. ARMOR that is over equiped a certin persentage lowers your run and evade skills depending on how far over equiped you are.

IDEA 5. make it so that SHORT durration nanos do not alow you to equip wepons. this would be a HUGE nerf for traders and enforcers who equip wepons and armer while under the effects of short durration NF.

IDEA 6. WEPONS drop into your invintory uppon Death.... besides the ovious side effects. this would make death ALOT less desirable. and make it EXTREAMLY anoying to re-equip your wepon in some cases.

whell these are my ideas... some of them are good ones the rest are just ones i have though off but would not nessisarly want to see

Edit: just for your info.. my NT is over equiped to some degree. through implant swaping and many many buffs
    my level 76 NT
    Solitus.
    2000 hp
    1500 nano
    2000 ac in most areas
    6 slot belt
    nano formual recompiler ncu upgrade
    600+ nano init
    545 meta crea
    250 in all evade skills
    ql 89 vector shotgun
    Last edited by Lozer; Nov 28th, 2001 at 12:09:04.
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

you can overequip armor with implants (same for nano's but to a much lesser extent)

I have an NT, I know your pain, but i would be willing to bet in the end game when your getting your latest nuke at level 188 and that enforcer your standing next to is using the same weapon he has had for 70 levels and not gonna get a new one, you will be the cat eating the canary .
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

true... so that means i have to get to a extream level before i am any good at pvp? hummm yep that sounds fare.

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Never said anything about fair man

NT's big problem is range. I have one, but put him on moth balls (except for making implants) because of the "im great today" "i suck today" "im great today" " i suck today" pendulum that funcom put us on. It was too frustrating, so I put him away (till the class stablizes and is viable).

So this is not a curent NT guy, and I see that your range is pathetic.

Please do not try to drag everyone else down with you. Try to get support from others and get boosted up! I will! (though I am a little biased having an NT )

Im an enforcer man now though, and I support boosting.. and I am against nerfing (except for the damn soldier reflect nerf, how do you boot people up to be competitive with that!)

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

hmm...level 76....hmm...ql 119 spells....hmm

I think you need to get nerfed, you are "overequipping" spells by exploiting implants and uber buffs !

Only level = QL spells/armor/weapon must be allowed. All items should be color coded, so that you can see what is right for your level, just like in daoc. All spells should be automatically made available, exactly like in daoc, to not confuse the player and make them buy spells that they should not yet being allowed to use. Stop the insanity !

Angry

errrr ummm i HOPE your bein sarcastic........

first off me using that level of nanos at my level is totally possable... the meta crea buff comes from implants. i can un equip and re-equp my implanst at will. no doc buff. i am curently using ql 110 implanst and i can use ql 130 if i coulf find the empty implant. it is very common to equip ql 100 stuff at my level. i equip ql 100 nano armer with out anyting more than a basic buff.

EDIT: i never sayed i was AGINST overequiping i did say i was aginst the fact that it is once sided. only cettin classes and certin equipment can be overequiped.
    Last edited by Lozer; Nov 29th, 2001 at 14:04:45.

a level 60 soldier with a ql 150 nova flow
    Uhm, sure...

i have seen worse than that trust me.

Originally posted by Lozer
    errrr ummm i HOPE your bein sarcastic........

first off me using that level of nanos at my level is totally possable... the meta crea buff comes from implants. i can un equip and re-equp my implanst at will. no doc buff. i am curently using ql 110 implanst and i can use ql 130 if i coulf find the empty implant. it is very common to equip ql 100 stuff at my level. i equip ql 100 nano armer with out anyting more than a basic buff.

EDIT: i never sayed i was AGINST overequiping i did say i was aginst the fact that it is once sided. only cettin classes and certin equipment can be overequiped.
    just a little fyi there Lozer, with my SELF BUFFS and reasonable implants my class (enforcer) can arm a 166 hammer at level 82.

So it is not overequiping.

No trader, heck I didnt even use challenger! All you need is the treatment for the implants and wise nano selection.

ROFLOL

<slaps yazule up side the head> OVCORSE THAT IS NOT OVER EQUPING!

but if you had a ql 200 hammer at level 70 THEN you would be over equiping! if you can equip it your self then it is not over equiping. but if your require the buffs of like 5 diffrent proffesions to get your wepon or armer equiped then your over equiped.