Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Auras after BS

Pet Auras after BS

well, you all know how annoying it is, exiting a BS only to find a bunch of flagged ppl waiting for your pet auras to flag you up so they can gank you.
    There is already the option for us to cancel those Auras manually, using Intrusive Aura Cancellation.

However, in my case, after exiting a well-visited TL5 BS, it sometimes takes me up to 20sec from the msg that the BS ended to the point where i can move again with more than 1fps. Thats sadly more than enough time for me to get flagged up and ganked. Even more when you have "uber" 210s waiting at the exit of the BS for such an "opportunity" -.-

So, how to solve this problem? could we, upon exiting the BS, have Intrusive Aura Cancellation cast upon our pets? Its not like we needed a wrangle, CMo and whatnot swaps to cast the Instrusive Auras...

Its less of a problem to recast the 2 Auras than to rezz for 5 minutes and not be signed up for the next BS for something that wasnt even caused by yourself...

Uaint, Kurz, could you maybe talk to the devs about adding the "Intrusive Aura Cancellation" to the "end-bs" procedure, please?
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Well for right now you can trigger social, the aura won't pulse is you have a weapon in that slot. There is a quick line to do it but damn if I know what it is.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Er...

I think a simply change in your game play would fix this problem, not writing more code :P

Before you hit the "Omni has won BS... again!" button, do a /pet terminate and cancel the hostile auras in your NCU... (once you hit the button your flagged to zone out)

Or better yet, cancel them like 10 points before BS is over... I highly doubt they are worth anything in those last few seconds on battle station...
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

This can also be a very anoying problem for crats, but they only have it running on themselves
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Takun hit the nail on the head. Just terminate your pets as you're leaving BS and cancel your NSD/blind aura. Takes only half a second to hit terminate macro.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Takun hit the nail on the head. Just terminate your pets as you're leaving BS and cancel your NSD/blind aura. Takes only half a second to hit terminate macro.
    and then another 1/2 second to find nsd and cancel it, and in that 1 second head start that you gave everyone else to get outta BS, you are now last in line due to FC stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    and then another 1/2 second to find nsd and cancel it, and in that 1 second head start that you gave everyone else to get outta BS, you are now last in line due to FC stupidity.
    Er?

You just sign up again before you go into BS.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Do change to pet offensive auras similar to enf SL essences be ok?
    To make it "auto-cancel on hard zoning".

Will require you to rebuff pets each time you hardzone tho.

I can try to ask devs to change it this way.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    Do change to pet offensive auras similar to enf SL essences be ok?
    To make it "auto-cancel on hard zoning".

Will require you to rebuff pets each time you hardzone tho.

I can try to ask devs to change it this way.
    That would like... be the end of some of our troubles really. No more getting snared because you zoned while flagged or getting flagged because some guy was near while your pet humped a wall after zoning...
    Waiting for a cure.

Just make it a single target proc instead of aura, only solution that makes sense, the, you know, snaring-wise, and it solves problem with flags.

Cancellation after a hard zone would be a lovely thing for a quick fix I can't honestly think of any occasions where I've wished for a hostile aura to keep running through a hard zone. If we could somehow do the reverse for the pet commands so that /pet behind doesn't reset back to /guard after a zone, life would improve even more on the accidental-flagging front.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Which is less efficient? Making a thread about this in Engi's forum or in Game suggestions forum?

I guess that both had to be tried.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    make it "auto-cancel on hard zoning".
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Just make it a single target proc instead of aura
    And No.
    Grenadearchy Online

Grenade Infos

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    Which is less efficient? Making a thread about this in Engi's forum or in Game suggestions forum?

I guess that both had to be tried.
    well now that you mention it I guess i can post this thread over there in game suggestions and make the circuit of worthlessness complete. (i still think LE section is the greatest blackhole of the forums, i've never seen a colorful name over there...)

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    No.

And No.
    what do they do in WoW?!?!?!?!!?

And No.
    Why the hell not?
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Why the hell not?
    I see far more problems with "single target proc snare" then current AOE snare form.

First and foremost, I will agree that our snare is basically broken and useless at this point... as are most other snares and roots (go funcom)

In a world where everything actually works, the AOE snare makes more sense to me... not only does it help CC and agro holding wise but its greatest benefit over the single target proc idea is that, it snares the targets in order for the bots to actually catch the target...

Proc snare would only ever work if the bots had time to beat on someone, AOE gives them a chance to catch the target, as the target already can't outrun the bots.

Also, with procs your simply rolling a dice... it might proc.. it might never proc... at least with aura you know that the nano is going to pulse every 15 seconds...

Also, while a bot is snared, rooted, calmed, stunned, UBT-ed your proc efficiency falls greatly... where as nothing can stop the AOE from pulsing.
    Grenadearchy Online

Grenade Infos

The AOE effect has to go away. Period.

The reset on zoning or whatever doesnt solve the problem, it will be just trading one major annoyance for another.

Keeping it AOE doesnt solve any of our problems.

I dont need a crappy 500 points snare on everyone in range. I dont need that at all.

I need a -1500 unremovable snare on my target, so my pets can rip him a 2nd.

And in particular the idea for snare with faster tick that seems to be what trollfesional wants, is a devastating presentation of idiotism that can be sumed up as puting a gun to our own head.

I'm not a big fan of proc system, but in this case , its an advantage, because procs will bypass snare resistance. Otherwise all those Keepers, Advies, Fixers, MAs, Shades, MPs, people teamed with Keeper, people buffed by Adventurer with boon, and propably others i missed right now, will /moon and laugh at your uber AOE effect.

Before you hit the "Omni has won BS... again!" button, do a /pet terminate and cancel the hostile auras in your NCU... (once you hit the button your flagged to zone out)
    perfect. although for me it would be "Freedom for all! Clans have won the BS" or something.
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Fap Fap Fap
    I think we need to clear something up here...

Are you talking about re-doing all of the intrusive aura nanos so that their single target proc?

Or are you talking about leaving them the way they are and introducing another line of engineer nanos with your proc snare idea?
    Grenadearchy Online

Grenade Infos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast