Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why Engies are the worst prof

Re: The Original Electronicum v3

Originally posted by Archimedes
    The Original Electronicum v3
    Damage 1-390 (345)
    Speed 2.3 s/1.4s
    Requirements pistol 1017

Concerning that most classes have there damage toned down by the critical nerfs, this weapon is very competitive.

And the +150 engi pistol buff comes in handy here.

Maybe some engi should start DOING something in the fight instead of just waiting 2 rooms away.
    If you say: "I cant do it, I dont have the IP nor the life"
    Well then you better improve there are others that allready can do it.
    Nice gun Arch The only hang up is that you need 814 in base pistol stat to use it non-OE'ed post 14.2.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Ownz Anxicor Botos [benched]
    Malcom Aaleji Thompon [benched]
    Reynaldo Splinnter Fukuda [benched]
    Quinn Falsify Varela [active]
    ----------------------------------------------

Damage 1-390 (345)
    Speed 2.3 s/1.4s
    Requirements pistol 1017

Concerning that most classes have there damage toned down by the critical nerfs, this weapon is very competitive.

Maybe some engi should start DOING something in the fight instead of just waiting 2 rooms away.
    This is actually the sort of post I find annoying. First, the pistol buff is 120 points and has a req of 648 is TWO dark blue nano skills that have really no other use other than a 114 ranged init buff at around 600 in the same dark blue skills. Engies really cant use this till around 165 or higher.

Second, at the point at which we don't even attempt to path a bot to the fight, we are flat our the worst profession. Yes, we can equip a gun and shoot, but pistols are so poor at dealing damage that we can't keep up with anyone who uses the better (or the same) guns AND has support skills (healing, buffing) that we don't.

The gun you mention is junk but it doesn't matter if it were the best gun in the game. When engies can't use their bot we turn into the worst class in the game as anyone else could equip the same weapon and do as much damage but would have something to offer the group other than a warm body.

Munchausen

P.S. Two suggestions to start. 1) /pet arrive (a instant teleport, locking mech engie for 10 secs) 2) Slayerdroids or another line use ranged attacks (should make it much easier to path when you don't need to melee)

Just want to point out that you will probably get aggro much more often if pet actually starts using ranged attack. Since a range attack pet doesnt have to get close to the mob, it will get closer to you instead, which means mobs will be closer to you (eventually) as well.

Pet pathing probably will get worse off as well, since now in addtion of usual factors the pathing AI will have to consider range and line of sight against an enemy as well. Remember how easy it is to trick and keep those range mobs running around instead of shooting at you?

Teleporting idea is pretty neat though

Damage 1-390 (345)
    Speed 2.3 s/1.4s
    Requirements pistol 1017

Sure a engie can dump tons of IPs into fight skills. But we are called engieneers for a reason. I could neglect my tradeskills entirely and be a OK fighter but you know i sorta think that a engineer should be able to engieneer things. I dunno maybe you don't want to.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

So who wants to take up the job of updating this baby?
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Engies arnt worst prof anymore, fixed
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisolja View Post
    Engies arnt worst prof anymore, fixed
    Says the person with every profession BUT an engineer in his sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    So who wants to take up the job of updating this baby?
    I loved the post where they had to wait til at least 160+ to self the slayerdroid
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Oh wtf bad Takun!

*bops uaint for not saying this before me*

Side note, it is interesting to see how far we have come... and how far we haven't.
    Last edited by Technogen; Jul 14th, 2008 at 14:33:04.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post

*bops uaint for not saying this before me*

Side note, it is interesting to see how far we have come... and how far we haven't.
    yes it is intresting to see and thats why i didnt scream Necro right away.
    I wouldnt say that it puts things in to perspective exactly, but it does remind those of us who where there that this is just another low point in the eternal engie sucks/Engie Pwns cycle.

Though i do think this is the lowest on the food chain we have ever been.
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    You mean, then was the lowest or now is the lowest?

Also to updating this thread:

PvE:
    Great DD if someone else tanks, low if we have to keep agg on pet
    Low to moderate PvE survivability as pets can take some pounding and we have reflects and BR if we get hit
    No crowd control for adds (lol at pet tanking!)
    Absolute buff hatred ... full sets of armor, huds and rings is stupid
    No useful team buffs (reflects - solds, ACs - lol)

PvP
    Moderate to good survivability against one person (blockers + coon + BR)
    Low survivability against muliple players (eat through defences fast)
    No PvP supported weapon = no kills (no KEC is not supported, anything requiring a full set of CC to keep out of OE and using dark blue skills is not supported!)
    Terrible Pet Pathing (they simply don't hit)
    Buffs again

Essentially in a team or raid situation, we do good PvE damage and that's about it with below average solo ability. In PvP it's hard to kill you in a 1v1 situation, but you've got no way to actually hurt your opponent and if you get close, they can just run away. Also if you have more than 1 opponent you're gonna get raped. We're sort of where shades were a few years back but without the evades.
    Main
    Forek 220/30

Alts
    Dreadoc 220/27
    Mellifluous 220/27
    Forefix 178/18

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    I thought engis were supposed to have sucked terribly at PvP pre-SL.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    I thought engis were supposed to have sucked terribly at PvP pre-SL.
    Caterwaul and Enhanced Queen Blade win!
    Grenadearchy Online
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

caterwaul was the "FTW" weapon for engies back then, but my MEP+PoP combo was pretty mean too.

Edit: As an after thought, my blinds landing, reflect rippers being a lot more effective V's lower reflects and the snare actualy landing on the occasional enfie might have had a lot to do with it too.
    I was "party A"

Yes...

The game was nice when tool sets actually worked :P
    Grenadearchy Online

Grenade Infos

Sorry Uaintseenme, added my engie to my sig
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    I would like to offer that I PvP on my 15 engi and not on my 216 engi. From my viewpoint, I think I do pretty good in PvP at that lowbie level.
    /pet attack
    /sneak

? :P
    Grenadearchy Online

Grenade Infos

I was simply pointing out what level 15 pvp is like for an engineer.
    Grenadearchy Online

Grenade Infos

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    I was simply pointing out what level 15 pvp is like for an engineer.
    As Boru's orgmate I can say that's not how it goes for him
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Im sooo suprised that people say all these bull**** ^^ [not all of you] Some1 said tthat soldier have betetr AC buffs than engis...egis have the best AC buff in the game : 5000AC...and they have one of the most powerfull shield also wich is the :Isochronal Sloughing Assault Shield. Their pets hid the hardest in the game, and sadly i have to agree with the pathing but not with the fact that engis cant brinf anything to a team and that engis to the worst damage ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast