Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My take on the Booster Pack

hehe, I dislike the fanboi type responses as much as I do the people who think its cool just to flame companies for being companies. Mostly because it makes those of us attacking the antifanboi type posts, jobs much harder hehe.

hugs to all

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

This post was doomed to an all out war anyway.
    Rule #1.) Never post Anti-Anarchy Online posts in the Anarchy Online Forum.
    Rule #2.) Don't make lilnymph mad, I'm sure she gets tired of hugging once every 5 minutes
    Rule #5.) Stop posting, you need coffee.

Er...

Originally posted by Ferrarri
    Rule #2.) Don't make lilnymph mad, I'm sure she gets tired of hugging once every 5 minutes
    I never get tired of hugging, ask any fixer, or anyone who knows me in real life (yes, to all of you who thought I was only this bad online, I'm not, I really do hug people alot)

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Question

Originally posted by Ferrarri
    This post was doomed to an all out war anyway.
    Rule #1.) Never post Anti-Anarchy Online posts in the Anarchy Online Forum.
    Rule #5.) Stop posting, you need coffee.

Er...
    What is rules number 3 and 4?
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Re: SWG blah!

Originally posted by Lunayu
    I'm so tired of hearing about SWG. If you want it, you'll get it, big whoop!

AO is not DAOC or SWG or anything else. It would be quite boring if all these games were the same, worked the same, played the same.

AO is cheap! You can purchase it for a mere $19.99 unlike other games which will cost you $40-50 and then ask for more money each month. Did you forget when you purchased AO that you got the first month free! Stop complaining about prices!

I've played collecting card games before where you purchase 'booster packs' for the game. The 'booster pack' offered by AO has a lot more content and your guaranteed to get more use out of it.

There was mention on how AO was originally promoted. That was over a year ago! AO is not the same game anymore. So much has changed from what it used to be, for better or worse.

I love Anarchy Online. It's a great game that far surpasses anything I've seen. I'll stick with it untill the end.
    I agree AO is not Doac or SWG, but it is also not the AO that we were told it was even after launch. This AO is a subset of the original idea.

AS for pricing, I paid 3 boxes X 90$ canadian on pre-order when it came out! Not cheap!

This game might be to where some of you are satisfied with it, but it is a long way from meeting the expectation of the original fans who where sold a monthly episodic story, Player created missions, Territory capture, etc............

The biggest insult from FC is their inability to release patches on regular frequence that contains: Story, Content, Bug Fixes, Balance

We will get Bug patches, then we will get content patches with some bug fixes, then we get a balance patch and a few bug fixes.

If you feel the need to point out the rare patch that offers all of these, go ahead. You will probably have to go back to when the animated series was going on and where we had the impression of getting a story.

To rephrase what you said in my own words:
    I loved Anarchy Online. It's was great game concept that far surpasses anything I've seen. I had every intention of sticking with it untill the end.

The problem is I have seen the end, and its not pretty! It happens around level 100 when you do the same missions for 100 levels!
    Last edited by andertec; Aug 23rd, 2002 at 00:08:01.

Just give us a choice

To either buy the booster & Client/key for $19.99

or download just the booster for a reduced amount.

Simple as that.

I'm not buying another key. Sorry.

-V

Originally posted by Spook

What is rules number 3 and 4?
    Yah!
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

i dont want to make anyone mad with my comments, so please dont take offense.

My Take on AO and its booster pack:

1. I bought AO on release, and in canada it was $90!!! That is the MOST i have ever spent on any game, but i bought it anyways, cause it was the summer, i had nothing to do, and what they promised was really interesting.

2. I played the game for 3 months as a fixer. i waited, and waited and waited for the fixer to become fixed, and for more tradeskills to come out for other classes, and for all the classes to work! i ended up quitting because it was school time, i had lots of work to do, and lots of clubs to go to, and it just seemed like a waste of time to be waiting for something that would probably never happen in a game.

3. When i quit, they charged me for an EXTRA month, bought i thought, meh, no biggy, i dont want an argument, ill just pay for it.

4.i decided to come back a month ago because i heard it was fixed. so i came back, and to my pleasent suprise the game had become MUCH better. it took me 1/3 of the time it took to get my new doctor to lvl 68, than it took my fixer to get to lvl 38 :O. everything was/and is G, but my main gripe is still that it doesnt have any more dance moves!!!

5. when i came back, they said i hadn't payed last month, when i did, so i had to pay 1 month from before, and another month to start playing again, and now im paying for ANOTHER month now!

6. i like to PvP but i like hanging out at the clubs in AO much more, so i dont think i will buy the booster pack because it doesnt really have anything to do with me. but when they come out with a booster pack with better clubs and 50+ new dance moves, ill buy it ASAP.

7. whats with the price? $40 canadian? thats the price of a WHOLE expansion! this is like just a portion of an expansion.

So lets see how much money ive spent on this game.
    $90 for the game
    $60 for 3 months of play
    $20 for the "extra month"
    $20 for the next "extra month"
    $20 for this month
    $20 for next month

that $240 already, and now they want me to spend ANOTHER $40 for a "booster"? i dont think so. i pay my $20 a month for updates to the game, more content and fixes. i dont pay $20 a month for "funcom fixed an exploit relating to credits" "funcom fixed various other exploits". i dont pay funcom to correct the mistakes that they made in the first place (when is say $20 a month, we have to bear in mind im canadian).

so now i have to pay $280 with the booster, and then another $60 (?) for the xpack. and then another $40 continualy for any other booster packs they come out with? come on funcom, how many of these things are you going to have? i dont mind paying for something that is good, but you still have alot of work to do, and you may start asking me to pay $40 for your booster packs, after you fix your game.

thank you for listening to my ramble.

oh yea and to anyone who says "oh xqiksilve you have less than 10 posts!", it doesnt mean anything, i played this game on release, and posted on these boards before.

peace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12