Thread: Nano Bug pls fix.

Arrow Nano Bug pls fix.

It's not a bug but I think it should be fixed too next patch, cause I think it should not work like it works now.

I mean the "friendly nano bug" let me explain what i mean. We are in pvp and lets say a adventure fights some other classes. The other class begins his attack and the adventure casts Calis's Form: Parrot (Other) which means the other player polymorph into a parrot and cannot attack the adventure but still get hits from the adventure too. He has to cancle the ncu and when he do this the adventure cast the nano again.

Other example. A high lvl soldier attacks a lower enf - first thing he do is casting battlefield endurance on the attacker. Why? Cause the nano overrides the lower and better essence the enforcer has. Other example a NT casts its Nullity Sphere and 1 sec after he puts his 100% reflect shield on the soldiers casts a partial reflective field on the nt. Why? Cause the reflective field overrides the Nullity Sphere and 21% reflect is weaker as the 100% the NT has. The NT wants to cast his Nullity again but he has to cancle the soldier buff first.

Or lets say a soldier casts its only defense buff his Total Mirror Shield in a battle. He cast it and gets the 2 min nano shutdown for the 1.20min 75% reflect. A Engineer comes and casts a Greater Harmonic Cocoon on the soldier which overrides the tms. Soldier still has a 2 min nanoshutdown but only 22% reflect.

Nullity should not be override by a soldier shield buff. Essence should not be override by a soldier buff too and the soldier shield buffs should not be override by a engineer shield buff. And a adventure should not be able to kill all the attack ablilites of the enemy with one cast. And nano resist doesn't matter cause they are "friendly" buffs.

Pls fix this soon Funcom

thx.

add in Fixer run buffs killing MA evade buffs... and Mark or Peril(7% crit) killing LMA(19%)... there is a huge list of "friendly" nanos you can use to harm hehe
    Mizrach

Ex-Coven Master of Dark Covenant(RK2)

Thanks for the good times all...

If Sol Mk shields actually reflected 75% dmg and not 75pts dmg..
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Originally posted by Miz
    add in Fixer run buffs killing MA evade buffs... and Mark or Peril(7% crit) killing LMA(19%)... there is a huge list of "friendly" nanos you can use to harm hehe
    MA evade buffs also kill fixer run buffs. Didn't realize they canceled each other.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by StarFury5
    If Sol Mk shields actually reflected 75% dmg and not 75pts dmg..
    You mean, like they used to, when level 50 soldiers could take Scourge Class Slayerdroids with no trouble with just a doc for backup because the slayer would kill itself on the shield?

Ehhh.... nope, I think not.

And mobs back then had what? One onehundreth of the hp's they have now? Making reflect shields work like they were intended would no longer be imbalanced with todays uber mobs. (imho )
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Arrow

Trader evade buff takes 1 more ncu than RI, and gives 10 less evades.

So yes, fix it to 130 evades like he said
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Some easy to implement, fast and working way to fix this problem would be that own buffs cannot be override by external buffs. I mean no external classes can override own buffs - we have to cancle the own buff first to get the external buff. Would be nice cause we are still able to get buffed from other classes but noone is able to "fight" us with friendly buffs.

Example. A soldier cast a lower shield line buff and a engineer want to cast a better shield buff on him. The soldier has to cancle his shield buff first. The Enforcer have to cancle its essence buff to get a hp buff from a other class etc.

What do you think? And the parrot form buff. Hmm give all classes a "anti polymorph buff" which costs 1 ncu and we cannot get polymorphed when the buff runs.

As I see is this not a soldier or low lvl enforcer only problem. Many classes have this problem, when other classes can override their buffs with other lower and weaker buffs.

Pls funcom this should be fixed very soon. This is a bad bug which hurts the pvp part of this game. In pvm noone will cast ppls with buffs to hurt them but in pvp they will and it shouldn't work. Friendly buffs are not made for fighting ppls.

Do these little oddities not improve level of skill needed to PvP best?

It seems that these mean that a knowledge of your owns buffs and your opponents give you an advantage over some twinked up new guy.

As long as these friendly buffs do not completely overpower one profession over all others, I would think they add to the PvP experience.

hmmm well casting a parrot on your enemie when you near death or only for fun isn't overpowering? You kill all the attack abilities the other class have - cause you cannot attack in parrot form but you still can get dmg from the other.

A soldier cast its only defense and all other classes call this his super uber tms nano oh and I don't agree that tms is a good soldier nano but lets say it is one (many other classes will agree now ). A soldier puts his tms on get 2 min nanoshutdown for the 75% shield then the engineer kills his defense with one lousy cast of greater harmoniv cocoon which overrides the tms and gives us 22% instead of the 75% reflect and we are still in nano shutdown. It makes our shield nano totaly useless against a engineer. You think this isn't overpowering?

Well I think it is and it shouldn't work.

hmm well a fight between a soldier without his 75% shield (but still with 22% reflect) against an engineer in PvP seems fairly even.

I would guess that the soldier would still win normally.

well as I said I dont think so. It make a huge difference if you have 75% reflect or only 22% reflect and don't forget the 2 min nanoshutdown. It also makes a huge difference if you have a 7% crit bonus or a 19% crit bonus. We don't speak about a few points. You can override the best buffs a class have and that shouldn't be possible. Hell I think all enfs would cry if we can override their best essence (Essence of Behemoth) with a our lower hp buff. But we cannot but a enginerr can override our best shield buff with a "useless" one. You would cry to if i could override your 22% reflect shield with a 1% one and we speak only of a minus of 21% not of the gap of 53%! The fact if i'm still able to kill you doesn't matter. When booster pack comes out or when we attend to mass pvp events in 2ho the role of the engineer is "debuffing" all ppls with his shield. Fighing ppls with 22% shield is still better as fighting other classes with rrf running or soldiers with tms running.

Well I want a buff which morphs you slayerdroid into a 1 hp leet doll - would fair or?

added: well i know we talk about a lot of tricks here and many ppls will read this and get some new ideas for pvp but well np for me - why should only be a few know this facts?

Next thing is why do you engineers need love? You have a important role in pvp now lol

well we spoke about "friendly" nanos so nano restist doesn't matter. You can have 50k nano resist and everyone can buff you with friendly nanos.

I agree about the soilder mk shield. They ruind it for no good reason. Do you know why player killed the slayer driod, it gave xp and were near save terms. All they had to do was mak same side not give xp.

Nerfing the shield was very confusing to me. It does not last long enough that you could solo reds all day with no trouble. A level 50 sol could not kill the slayer droid with just a doc. Once the shield was gone they got whooped. It took a lot of soilders to do this trick.

Is it even possible to buff members of other alignments in PvP zones?
    .: Naraya :.

Naraya: Yes.

Simple solution to the TMS problem: make it considered hostile, and build the nanoshutdown into the nano itself. Soldier can't cancel it, but neither can anyone else (as I understand... agents can't FP: Trader, cast a drain, and then immediately FP:MP, right?)

well a solution for the greater harmonic cocoon and rrf or tms problem will be:

LOWER NCU COST OF GREATER HARMONIC COCOON.

Sorry for caps but it is a) eng love to lover the ncu cost of a eng nano. b) soldier love cause they cannot override rrf and tms when rrf and tms have higher ncu cost. c) it would finaly solve the problem.

So funcom pls lower ncu cost of greater harmonic cocoon to lets say 37.

Originally posted by Whitesand
    Next thing is why do you engineers need love? You have a important role in pvp now lol
    hehe, the role of the ever victim you mean ?