Thread: implanting Nano Init? advice...

implanting Nano Init? advice...

Anyone here think it's worthwhile to implant nano init? The shining cluster conflicts with just about everything in the Head slot (IIRC) although the faded doesn't have conflict (but that increase is really minimal)

I'm asking because while teaming with a friend the other day he saw how crappy my init was while casting and said he had implanted his inits (he was lvl 23 i think)....I'm still using the ql30 profession set till I can squeeze into the ql70 set i'm putting together....

On the other hand, I am having no problems whatsoever with my crat - I can only play for an hour or so here and there, and generally I can hit the 10%xp cap/kill with charm and bot on red mobs...

at lvl 22 my Nano Init is approx 120, which seems ok to me (wearing Carb armour)

so the general concensus seems to be the following re: implants:

1-85ish charm based
    85-150ish bot based
    150 - charm based

I think i'll go charm based until that really doesnt seem viable any longer....
    mmmm, I guess this is more conversation that question, but I'd love add'l opinions
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

There's this wonderful device called a Nano-Formula Recompiler; don't leave home without one.

A QL200 version requires 750 complit to get in and gives you 400 NanoC Init in return.

I can't honestly recall if I've implanted for NanoC Init - maybe by accident, maybe unthinkingly, maybe not at all; it was never a priority for me, and I've never found my NanoC Init to suffer.

At level 163 it's 1101 (probably higher than it needs to be) - I HAVE put some IP in it over time, but it's a cheap skill to raise and I haven't put much into it. I also wear Carbonum Armor, which - if I remember right - raises NanoC Init as well as available NCU space.

Actually a QL200 takes 801 in complit. But thats not the real problem. At 22 I highly doubt you will be able to squeeze into a six-slot belt which is needed to get a recompiler in. But Salmagundi is right you do need to get this thing on as soon as possible, its a godsend for your nano-init speed.

Yes, I was planning on that, and you've basically answered my question too
    I
    I'm actually reasonably close to equipping a 4xxx belt and have low ql 5xxx and 6xxx waiting...

so next question: does Nano Init work like ranged init i.e. does 600 NI = 1 sec decrease in casting time @ full agg?
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Nano init does not work like the other inits. For every 200 nano init you get about -1sec off casting time. Nano init also has no effect on the recharge of the nano.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

input

At level 50 you can get into a 6 slot belt with max comp lit, expertise and 80/90 imps.

If you are under that there is no reason to do it. Crats really only have one sluggish nano at lower than 50 level and that is the "calm" line. The calm line even with max nano init imps would not speed up any noticeable difference. When you get your first recompiler you will notice the difference.

My crat is level 66 now and has 520 nano init. Everything is a lot faster and since I know how to play an NT I use the insta cast nuking tactics when I want to engage. The problem with this type of tactic is lack of nano pool even fully maxed as a solitus.

I would forego using any max nano init imps and stick to maxxing it normally and go for a recompiler and 5 chips when you outfit yer first belt.

very good, thx for all the info

who says this forum is slow?

This is my first/only nano-focused char, but I do use a recompiler with my fixer main so i'm glad that my general thoughts were generally correct
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Ah yes, the recompiler....

My 57 crat doesn't seem to have much available IP for raising Nano Init at the moment, so as soon as I find time in game, I'm gonna run a mission for a recompiler. I just squeezed him into a 6 slot belt, and since crats don't seem to have any NCU sucking buffs, I shouldn't miss the NCU. Right now the main way I've been raising Nano Init is by raising agilty....Nano skills, abilities, evades, and all my IP per level is used up!!

Well, i just started a crat and i am 35. I have a 164 agent who follows him around with mochams... so i can say that i am very ncu strained. Although, i can solo shades.. :]
    Wandering Rubi-ka alone...
    Wondering when alone will end.

Get a recompiler. Your calms will never be fast enough until they're TOO fast (read: instant). Raising Nano Init is cheap, but unlike an NT, you don't need to have a stroke over it. Get a recompiler and some Prozac, and chill.

Don't get a CPU upgrade. I've NEVER found myself hurting for nano, and besides, I can always calm, sit, slap myself for 3/4 or more of my max pool, and keep doing it. Get the NCUs (and some other profession buffs to fill them).

Don't get a range increaser. Really. Do I need to stress this? Unless this increases AOE calm radius, which I doubt, and even then it's dubious. You need them NCUs.
    THEOREM:
    Omni Bureaucrats work for "The Man."
    "The Man" is the >190 Fixer title.
    Ergo, Phillip Ross is a Fixer.
    -QED-

I take it by all this discussion about implants that they are a rather important factor in the game. I don't really have any organized implants at this point... since it's a concept that I'm still working on understanding.

I've heard mention of 'Nano Nanny'. Is this the best program for figuring out what implants to make? Does anyone else have any suggestions on implants?

I'm going to shoot for 50 this morning, and I know I haven't done anything serious with implants yet (even though I have a full set of them, they're all slapped together or from missions). I'd like to hear opinions on what a 50 crat should be wearing as far as implants are concerned.
    Hans "Kryllis" Kirklin
    84 Solitus Doctor - Loyal employee of Omni-Tek (Atlantean Dimension)
    "Yes, I know my beard doesn't match my hair... I'm a doctor, not a cosmetologist!"

Cool

Originally posted by Tekuvin
    I'd like to hear opinions on what a 50 crat should be wearing as far as implants are concerned.
    A good starting point would be this thread: Your implant layout. My RK2 crat's (L86 now) QL128 implants are listed there; and my RK1 crat (L44) is using a similar, though not full, set of 50's installed at L25.

You will probably find your implant choices will focus around going pet or charm based. For under L100 I really like the charm-based direction; though there is plenty good about the pet-based direction as well. Playstyle will be part of your consideration here. I tend to be more of a soloer that teams occasionally; and I find charm-based is better for me for that playstyle.

The best part is that we crats can change implant focus pretty much at any time without really wasting any IP's on the "other" way. A crat I know (L112) carries both per and charm implants around, and changes out depending on what he is doing.

Cheers,
    Martek