Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FunCom change TMS nano shut down

Unhappy FunCom change TMS nano shut down

I don't get it, why the heck did FunCom in their wizdom decide that TMS needed to cause a nano shutdown???

I mean really now, all we cast during battle is our whimpy taunts and maybe One More Hit Healing. I say kill that stupid nano shut down. What would it hurt?? Would soldiers own the PvP specturm?? No, we would be about the same, but we may have a better chance if we get rooted after TMS. Maybe we could run away too.... I mean make a tactical retreat.

I've always said that all soldiers have is green weapon skills and TMS, and TMS is a thorn in our side for teams and PvP. In teams, most times as soon as we TMS the the mobs immediately switches to another target, and we can't taunt cause we have nano shut down.

So why the nano shut down?? What is there that we could possibly do in a fight if we had had access to all our nanos after we cast TMS?? Okay, maybe we could cast a new deflection shield after TMS ran out, but not if you ran TMS and another nano program as a hostile nano.

How hard can it be to change the nano shut down nano to a two min hostile nano, that would be seen as a very high ql shield nano? This would cause us to wait two min to cast any deflection shield or another TMS.

Simple to me, the hostile nano would be seen as a ql200 shield. If you try to cast ANY other shield in the two minutes, you would see the "Better nano program already running".

Please Funcom see this as a better way of handling our Total Mirror Shield.

Easier to just lock MC and TS for the 2 minutes. No nano-recharging (yes, this is important), no shields.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

either one would me fine with me
    Socializer 93%
    Explorer 53%
    Achiever 40%
    Killer 13%
    <('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<)

After giving it some consideration I have come to this:

No shutdown or locking at all, or this nano will remain a useless piece of ****. The same should also be done to the enforcers challenger line. Get rid of the damn shutdown. Or at least make the shutdown shorter than the duration of the buff, as you did with the MA crash of thunder line or whatever it's called.

Coldstrike, you would have all soldiers just chain casting TMS Mk shields, and we would have a 75% reflect all the time, if there was no way to prevent recasting before the two minutes are up.

I may have missunderstood what you were trying to say, but I can live with the two minute penalty between TMS recasting. But the nano shutdown for soldiers is silly IMHO. Never palyed an enforcer, so I do not know if there are nanos they would chain cast if there was no nano shutdown.

But anyway, I agree that there should not be any skill locking. What the heck do soldier cast during battles that would require a skill locking, or a nano shutdown?

If I can't have 75% up all the time then at least I should be able to put on a 30% shield in the time I'm not covered by TMS. Make TMS lock field quantum physics like nullity or something then.

People who don't play enforcers or soldiers have absolutely no clue how bad a 2 min nano shutdown really is. They just come and say how good TMS is and yada yada, not knowing that the shutdown is worse than the benefits of the TMS in most cases. Not being able to break roots, not being able to taunt, not being able to recharge nano even when out of combat..

They should have TMS lock MC and TS and upgrade the effectiveness of single target taunts.

Look! Soldiers are viable tanks again! Weird. . .
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Hmmm whats wrong with chain casting tms? Also we can only do this as long as we don't run out of nanos. Nano-Recharger won't work - cause we are in fight. So they don't have to keep mc locked for 2 mins. Next thing is a doc is allowed to chain cast ch so why don't allow us to chain cast tms? I see no different between chain casting ch or chain casting tms, except that chain casting ch is more powerfull as chain casting tms ever could.

I kinda agree with Coldstrike and Whitesand. Chain casting TMS isn't any more overpowering than chain casting CH or layers (or stacking drains for that matter).

But I see one small problem, which is chain casting lower level TMS with a big HE running could be overpowering. This could probably be addressed by increasing the nano cost or preventing completely preventing nano regeneration while TMS is running.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Originally posted by Johnathgalt
    I kinda agree with Coldstrike and Whitesand. Chain casting TMS isn't any more overpowering than chain casting CH or layers (or stacking drains for that matter).

But I see one small problem, which is chain casting lower level TMS with a big HE running could be overpowering. This could probably be addressed by increasing the nano cost or preventing completely preventing nano regeneration while TMS is running.
    Yeah, using Mk X wouldn't really have any advantage over using Mk I if this was possible I guess. Back to the old drawing board..

I agree with Coldstrike and Whitesand.

And i think TMS needs nano resist modifer(300~500)

I'm telling you the nonsoldier comunity would go nutz if we could chain cast TMS. May as well just get rid of all other shields and make our TMS last one hour.

No one could kill us if we had 75% shield up all the time, and then include your bracers on top of that.

Geez Louise, why do some of you still want to lock any skill? What will that accomplish, except gimp us in a different way.

Wouldn't a lock on MC/TS be better than a lock on everything?

Lemme put it this way. Under the current system, it would allow you to BREAK ROOTS (a primary PvP complaint about TMS) and OMHH (which is more effective when you realize you're only taking 1/4 damage).

Of course, to keep you from chaining TMS, we lock down TS. To prevent using an alternate reflect shield from when TMS goes down til when it recycles (an idea I'm actually not against; have every TMS include a built in shield it drops back to for the rear part, ranging from a very minimal one for Mk I to a solid (25% or so) for MkX.) we lock MC.

OK, that came out pretty tangled. Lemme try again.

Lock MC/TS only so soldiers can root-break and OMHH, but not re-nano with chargers and can't cast reflects once TMS drops.
    Build a lower-level reflect into the downtime of TMS.

That was clearer.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Having no nano shutdown during TMS or just having it lock MC and TS would be wonderful so that we have the option of casting omhh or our taunts during pvm. But oh wait, our taunts don't do jack. Out of 50 or so times I've tried "Only you, Only me" I've been able to taunt mobs a total of 3-4 times and that's because I was doing the most dmg in the team atm. Funcom fix our taunts amongst other things.
    -Deepeyes6

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin

Lock MC/TS only so soldiers can root-break and OMHH, but not re-nano with chargers and can't cast reflects once TMS drops.

That was clearer.
    I think the problem is with MK isn't the way it works, but the problems leading up to it.

Let me explain.

If your fighting something, why do you cast MK? Because you can't survive otherwise (and prolly not with MK running anyways:P).

Why not see if it would be possible to change what leads to all this? Meaning our sucky survivability. Wouldn't it be cool if we didn't have to cast MK just to have a hope of staying alive?

If we can't get that, then I'm all for Kiryat-Dharin's proposal

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Wouldn't a lock on MC/TS be better than a lock on everything?

Lemme put it this way. Under the current system, it would allow you to BREAK ROOTS (a primary PvP complaint about TMS) and OMHH (which is more effective when you realize you're only taking 1/4 damage).

Of course, to keep you from chaining TMS, we lock down TS. To prevent using an alternate reflect shield from when TMS goes down til when it recycles (an idea I'm actually not against; have every TMS include a built in shield it drops back to for the rear part, ranging from a very minimal one for Mk I to a solid (25% or so) for MkX.) we lock MC.

OK, that came out pretty tangled. Lemme try again.

That was clearer.
    Yeah, I could settle for this I guess. Would actually make it a useful line, unlike what it is today.

Thumbs up Way to go !

Originally posted by Whitesand
    Hmmm whats wrong with chain casting tms? Also we can only do this as long as we don't run out of nanos. Nano-Recharger won't work - cause we are in fight. So they don't have to keep mc locked for 2 mins. Next thing is a doc is allowed to chain cast ch so why don't allow us to chain cast tms? I see no different between chain casting ch or chain casting tms, except that chain casting ch is more powerfull as chain casting tms ever could.
    Agree ! Lets not ask for nerf other profs(traders in mind), but ask for improve to our prof. And of course other profs will try to stop us get better. I'd repeat again what Coldstrike said: No shutdown or locking at all, or this nano will remain a useless piece of ****.

Vich 171 lvl soldier RK1

I think to make TMS useful you would have to take out the nano shutdown and lock nothing at all but make the duration shorter or make it cost more nano. I would tank much better PvM if I had 2 30 sec TMS running then one 1m20 with nano shutdown. I think a max duration of 50 secs with TMS MK X would be fair. I certainly dont have the nano to cast TMS more then twice and especially being that nano kits dont heal enough to cast it again at lower levels.

Smack me if this is bad, I just have disillusions of being able to tank without a doctor.

Hrm.. was thinking abit more about this, if you did that you would have alot of people using a lower level TMS for the same benefits. Probably should lower the duration alot and make it cost abit more nano as I suggested.. like TMS 10 secs, 2 13, 3 18 and so on. Then bump at the cost so a person could only use TMS MK X twice.. even with the best HE you wouldnt be able to chain cast it if TMS MK X only last around 50 or so seconds.

How about letting TMS overriding RRFE for the duration of the TMS? So that after TMS we still have our regular reflect. And lock TS MC only, so we can use our ownage heals and taunts.

Wouldnt be over powerd in pvp. And that way I wouldnt have to run around nekked for the duration of then nanoshutdown during pvm.
    Last edited by Madde; Sep 30th, 2002 at 16:10:42.
    Madde

Free Hornyhedgehog! from censorship!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast