Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Soldier Nanos in 14.6 (!!)

oh well

The difference between enf, and soldier is that thier buffs are good much more balanced

I have no complaint about the skill requirements on our new buffs.... the modifiers just are not that good.... the FA is the only ok one... but not exactly what i would expect as a "fix" for our profession...

I care more about the Assult Rifle and Ranged energy buffs as they add to attack rating, and are what would be more helpfull for us at this point....

but ,big but, I MIGHT be jumping to conclusions, and the true soldier stuff isnt in there, we may need to wait for a subsequent version of 14.6, like 14.6.01 etc.

Soldiers Atk rating hasnt gotten any better with these buffs...

opps im sorry +10 hehe

(edited because i posted when i was in a bad mood, and the post was incoherent)
    Last edited by Skymarshal; Oct 16th, 2002 at 17:41:26.
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Theses new nanos are CRAP!!

Originally posted by Coldstrike

No, but by the time you meet the level req (195) you will have the +60, or at least pretty close to it, so it is safe to assume that this has been factored into the requirements.
    Yeh, pretty safe.

For what it's worth, the new AR buff (which is pretty worthless) is doable for a soldier of that level w/ appropriately laid out QL200 implants, breedcapped abilities, and levelcapped nanoskills w/ just Mocham's.

Yeah, the situation sucks. Art Of Peace's requirements would fit better on Soldier Clip Junky. And so forth.

edit: Edited to add "of that level".
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

They don't stack with masteries.

Also, the reqs are INSANE. At 93 my soldiers nanoskills are all maxed for the title in mid 300's. The lvl75 burst nano has skills requirements that are 100+ on PM and SI. Does Funcom realize soldiers have to be 120+ to cast these without taking valuable implant slots?

NO SOLDIER, well perhaps nano soldier, can cast these at lvl75 without totally gimping themselves at some other area.

Note: My soldier is Solitus with maxed int.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Unhappy Egad!

I can't imagine what was going through the heads of the designers. Shadowlands or no, those requirements are insane. How about keeping expansion content in the expansion guys rather than dropping stuff on us early that doesn't do anyone any good.

I have no problem with the shotgun mastery line, other than the insane requirements for a relatively uninspiring amouint buffed. My question is though, where are the other ranged weapon buffs? Shotgun buffs are all well and good but what about Pistol, Heavy Weapons, and SMG? Skills that soldiers actually are more likely to use (the Tellus & CHS come to mind...).

Bleh i took a look at the req's, I could only just cast the level 75 req nano and i'm lvl 117. FFS, i didnt want to put much ip into nano's because i'd probably gimp myself in the area's that matter. FC feeding us sugar coated ****?

I still can't believe Soldiers dont get a Heavy Weapons buff. Really what other class than solider is better suited to have the heavy weapons buff? I kinda envisioned some insane .50caliber type or MK19 grenade launching heavy weps for soldiers who wanted to go for big dmg - slow (ala Enforcers 2hb).
    Sarl - Soldier noob

50% stupid / 40% mentally challenged / 10% INSANE = me

I may be weird but your fat and I can always diet...

After I read the requirements on those nanos it confirmed my su****ion from long time ago.

They have weed and smoke it a lot.

That can be the only reason.

Btw take a look at the test server now and the new character creation system. It looks cool, but is misleading. It says that Atrox make a good worker or soldier.

Isn't that a laugh ?

Btw it is really worth trying the test server now. IT is a WOW feeling. A lot more RP than the previous character creation system.

Seriously TRY it. It's so cool, like it's not the same game anymore
    Last edited by Sjoko; Oct 16th, 2002 at 12:12:58.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Haven't checked the stats since I'm at work, but can a Atrox lv200 even use the new Ql200 nano, with imps and other stuff?
    Omni-Tek soldier Bloodcub, Veteran of Tranquility

Original posted by cordura
    WTB an ignore button to avoid 5 post /page with same blahblah from people that dont care about a problem but that still give 1243028453 times the same opinion.

Originally posted by Bloodcub
    Haven't checked the stats since I'm at work, but can a Atrox lv200 even use the new Ql200 nano, with imps and other stuff?
    Noone can.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin

Yeh, pretty safe.

For what it's worth, the new AR buff (which is pretty worthless) is doable for a soldier of that level w/ appropriately laid out QL200 implants, breedcapped abilities, and levelcapped nanoskills w/ just Mocham's.

Yeah, the situation sucks. Art Of Peace's requirements would fit better on Soldier Clip Junky. And so forth.

edit: Edited to add "of that level".
    Yeah, but why would I go through the trouble of finding mochams, shuffling around buffs to make room for mochams etc. only to get a buff that gives +10 AR skill over what I already got? Would I even want to waste 24 extra NCU to get +10 AR skill?

Originally posted by Sarl
    I still can't believe Soldiers dont get a Heavy Weapons buff. Really what other class than solider is better suited to have the heavy weapons buff? I kinda envisioned some insane .50caliber type or MK19 grenade launching heavy weps for soldiers who wanted to go for big dmg - slow (ala Enforcers 2hb).
    We also didn't get a Newer pistol buff, so we are stuck self casting the measly +40 mastery, which is the lowest mastery the Soldier has.

HW Buff would be useful for items like the Sleek cannon and Tellus, and I would hope they bring these into light.

Of course, I also hope they come out with a newer MR buff (any class) to help those of us out that use Dual Pistol setups.

hell .. the adventureres have more reasonable buffs.. and better for that matter.... i like my doc ^^
    Socializer 93%
    Explorer 53%
    Achiever 40%
    Killer 13%
    <('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<)

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Yeah, but why would I go through the trouble of finding mochams, shuffling around buffs to make room for mochams etc. only to get a buff that gives +10 AR skill over what I already got? Would I even want to waste 24 extra NCU to get +10 AR skill?
    You wouldn't.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12