Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobe Clusters

Retired Doc Professional

Jobe Clusters

Once and for all, with the misnaming issue that has been petitioned and reported hundreds of times without being fixed, i would like to know, after searching all night on aomainframe:

what is the name of the faded/bright nano cluster that increases nano range?

is it the same name as the shiny? does the '%add rad damage'-named cluster actually add nano range in the shiny spot?

What is actually right for a misnamed jobe cluster - the name of the cluster or the mods in it's description?

can anybody from FC at least acknowledge that this is broke and that they're 1. Working on it 2. Unable to fix it 3. Working on more important things?
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Oh Jsus, don't put this up so early in the morning or I will choke on my breakfast... roflmao
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

So far I only saw weapon range for right wrist (the one that colide nicely with burst there) going under name of nano delta/whatever.

Weapon range for right arm and nano range I havent seen yet and I start to believe they simply dont exist ingame.

Talking about refined ofc.

Will look around for few more days but I think I will just give up and use AC clusters instead. If I find any nano range you will be the first to know

The mods are correct iirc... ignore the name, just look at the description.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane
    The mods are correct iirc... ignore the name, just look at the description.
    thats the problem, dark. looking at this says that they'res only a shiny nano range that goes in the right hand spot???

or are you ignoring the shiny/bright/faded too? cause that looks like it might be the mods for a faded cluster, in which case it would go in the right arm and not the right hand
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

The names are wrong, and in this case that can also include which slot they go in. The same applies to the descriptive text. You can tell from the icon if its faded, bright or shiny (those are correct) and from the mods what it actually does. Everything else is wrong.

For reference, shiny (3 dots) is left arm, bright (2 dots) is left hand and faded (1 dot) is right arm.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

I think the main problem with Jobe clusters is the NPC in Jobe who sells them. I don't really see it as a big problem in case of a cluster looted in a mission, but when I'm buying some sub-200 ones for, say, an alt, I am freaking out.
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Can someone confirm me existance of faded weapon range refined jobe cluster for right arm (under whatever name it goes) because I really dont want to spent few more weeks missioning and hoping to find it

Like this I am omw to 5k board with all the tokens I am getting (I check every single corpse).

That is the shiny weapon range that colide with burst in my right wrist - and actually the one I have in one of my bags.

What I was looking for is faded weapon range/nano range for right arm - instead of radiation AC that I have in my ql 200 and is not that hard to get refined either.

In fact I just got one so I can finally make that right arm and stop looking for something that seems to exist only in implant configurator and not ingame.

Retired Doc Professional
    The names are wrong, and in this case that can also include which slot they go in. The same applies to the descriptive text. You can tell from the icon if its faded, bright or shiny (those are correct) and from the mods what it actually does. Everything else is wrong.

For reference, shiny (3 dots) is left arm, bright (2 dots) is left hand and faded (1 dot) is right arm.
    This is prolly the most helpful thing that could have been written on this subject. Thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne
    That is the shiny weapon range that colide with burst in my right wrist - and actually the one I have in one of my bags.

What I was looking for is faded weapon range/nano range for right arm - instead of radiation AC that I have in my ql 200 and is not that hard to get refined either.

In fact I just got one so I can finally make that right arm and stop looking for something that seems to exist only in implant configurator and not ingame.
    No, that's a faded weapon range (one dot in the icon and weapon range in the mods), and despite the name, it should definitely go in the right arm.

It doesnt go into right arm...... I tried.
    Ql matches, my np is fine, but it just doesnt go together.
    I dont feel like wasting refined imps but will try wrist if I find one in my bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    It doesnt go into right arm...... I tried.
    Ql matches, my np is fine, but it just doesnt go together.
    I dont feel like wasting refined imps but will try wrist if I find one in my bank.
    Jobe clusters usually require skills other than NP. The specific message you get when you try the combine usually points towards the problem. Or try it in the tradeskill window.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy View Post
    Jobe clusters usually require skills other than NP. The specific message you get when you try the combine usually points towards the problem. Or try it in the tradeskill window.
    I know by now exactly what jobe clusters require - I am wearing them (and making/having them made) since lvl 100.

That specific cluster doesnt require QFT or psychology like some others do (add damage for example), and I am not getting message that I lack anything, but simply that combine of those 2 things is not possible.

Same thing if I was trying to combine my smg with my azure boots.

The point is that said cluster simply does NOT go into right arm.
    Last edited by Kaylinne; Aug 24th, 2006 at 23:43:59.

I got it

It is theoretically possible to combine "Nano Delta Refined Jobe Cluster - Shiny (Right Wrist)" with "A Basic Feet Implant - Refined". But you need at least 1233 in Weapon Smithing.

So anyone who wants to see what strange combination we may get out of shiny cluster for right wrist put into feet implant....... give me a /tell..... if you have 1233 in weapon smithing ofc (really logical reqs for implants making though)

You have the bright cluster, not the faded. It will of course make a foot implant with the weaponrange mod.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Says shiny *confused*
    I never heard of feet with weapon range mod.......

most helpfull...BUT

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    This is prolly the most helpful thing that could have been written on this subject. Thanks alot
    It's really quite sad that this has to be explained like this....

Err..fix the database?

Hiring an co-op to type in all the changes can't be that bad. You'd probably even find some that would work for free to work for a game company...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Says shiny *confused*
    I never heard of feet with weapon range mod.......
    Count the dots in the icon, that generally seems to be accurate... 1 = faded, 2 = bright, 3 =shiny. For weapon range, shiny goes in eye, bright in feet and faded (as I said above) in right arm. So I'm guessing your cluster has 2 dots...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast