Thread: n00b engie questions

n00b engie questions

Decided to try an engie (soldier is cool but I wanted something...else). Anyway some questions if I may:

1. Is there a good website or guide for engies as a class? I see lots of posts that complain (and the insight into the higher lvl game is very valuable, at least I know what to expect) but I need info on stats. Which physical traits (str, agility, int, etc.,) should I keep maxed? Which skills should I max - such as nano prog, bio mat, etc.,? Sorry I'm just not sure - even the green ones make me hesistate.

2. At level 15 my attack rating is still 63. How do I increase it - is it just a matter of leveling or increasing stats (physical traits and weapon skill) or a combination of the two?

3. Are trimmers really worthless at low levels?

Of course if there's a site out there that addresses all this just post it and I'll read Thank you.

web site :D

http://virral.clansupport.com/ is a good site for engies. Has guides for nano's and etc. Hope that helps a little.

If you are going to play your engineer as your new main, who you would, like me, do almost anything to get to level 200, then I would suggest you to turn back right now.

Why? Because solo missions suck, they give very very few xp for the time they require, and the buff begging that is also forced onto us by FC.

If you are just going to play this engineer as you alt, then you will have a lot of fun from level 1-80. After that, it's all about hunting in the same area for two weeks to get to 100, and then solo missions until you are 195 or so.

Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Usher & Warlock - what took you so long? You're usually much quicker than this to bring your own respective inimitable brands of sunshine and happiness to any "I'm a new engineer" posts. Are you guys OK?

Concerned,

~R~

Heheh, I was busy leveling my new main, a doctor!

Man.... the difference in terms of teams treat my doc and my engi is just phenominal

Well, I won't argue with you there. My alt's a fixer, and I find it much easier to find teams than I do with my engi main. You just have to get used to the solitary life as an engineer. Generally, the fixer's a lot easier to play all round than the engineer.

However, there are things my engineer can do that my fixer can't, which means I'll continue to play the engineer for the foreseeable future.

Cheers,

~R~

Im not trying to put anyone off, really I'm not, I'm just trying to save 'new engineers' a bit of time.

What would be easier would be for them to change the first line on the Engineers description to:

WARNING THIS CLASS IS EXTERMELY DIFFICULT TO PLAY!!!!
    PICKING A NEUTRAL ENGINEER IS LIKE PLAYING ANARCHY ONLINE IN NIGHTMARE MODE!!!!!!!!

Of course if FC just got on and fixed us there wouldnt be any need for any of this

(seriously do all my post come across as 'doom and gloom' now? bloody hell the Engineers situation must have got to me more than I thought)

Originally posted by Warlock

(seriously do all my post come across as 'doom and gloom' now? bloody hell the Engineers situation must have got to me more than I thought)
    Doom and Gloom? Naaaaaah. Cynical, jaded, and dissillusioned, but certainly not "Doom and Gloom"
    Mortikah
    "Darkness, Light, Order, Chaos. And hanging in the balance between... Life."
    Otakette
    Building the Fluffy of tomorrow, today.

Thank you

Thanks all for the replies. I appreciate the link and the opinions, sure even the 'down on engies' persective. Fact is, if I play this til 200 and I'm disappointed then I can't say I didn't know what to expect. As it stands its fun for now (hehe, just waiting on higher lvls). I'm trying to hold out and have faith that games change over time, and hopefully (someday, despite evidence to the contrary) effective change will be made. Then again, that would make engies uber and the other classes will cry for a nerf...and back again ;p

Originally posted by Otakette

Doom and Gloom? Naaaaaah. Cynical, jaded, and dissillusioned, but certainly not "Doom and Gloom"
    Well I'm cynical by nature (something to do with working with Microsoft software all the time) so thats par for the course but this is the second thread today that has 'sort of' accused me of being on a total downer so I guess either its true or I'm starting to believe it

Originally posted by Warlock

Well I'm cynical by nature (something to do with working with Microsoft software all the time) so thats par for the course but this is the second thread today that has 'sort of' accused me of being on a total downer so I guess either its true or I'm starting to believe it
    hehe, I program under M$ windows all day myself, so I understand the cynicism quite well And I think "Jaded" and "Disillusioned" covers about anyone that's played MMORPGs long enough
    Mortikah
    "Darkness, Light, Order, Chaos. And hanging in the balance between... Life."
    Otakette
    Building the Fluffy of tomorrow, today.