Thread: Newbie Needs YOUR Help!!!!!

Newbie Needs YOUR Help!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Just starting a bureaucrat and wondering if anybody could give me advice on weapons to use.

Obviously the pet will be main tank but i was wondering about Martial Arts as a secondry attack??

I have also read that shot guns are quite good as well.

If anyone has any advice, i`ll be most gratefull.

Thanks in advance.

Wink READ THE STICKY THREADS...

READ THE STICKY THREADS...
    READ THE STICKY THREADS..
    YOUR GETTING SLEEPY..
    YOUR EYES ARE CLOSING...
    YOUR GOING TO SLEEP.....
    If everything is coming your way, your in the wrong lane.

I have read the forums but i want to get the opinion of as many different people as possible.

Please help!!!

My main is a MA so as a crat i am a newbie :P

But, as a level 30ish crat, I can tell you that for lower levels you really don't have to bother about weapons. I never press Q to start a fight; my bot and charmed mobs will do the work.

I am equipping two pistols, each +5 to intelligence... they really help in nanos
    Fletcher "Thunderflame" Goliday
    Vern "Thunderfire" Boehme
    Devin "Thundertrox" Aronstein

Just keep running, falling, till you reach the border. There you reach out, find out: Blessed with all the Thunder of the World.

gun

level 1-100 no gun (2 charmed and one bot is you damage)
    level 101-150 V2 and when you can ->V3 (Shoot & Nuke)
    Level 151-200 X-3
    Last edited by NOVA; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 11:36:00.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

I do not use weapon. I do not think you should, exept if you want to PvP.

I'm newbie crat, but I got from my doc/engie/meta experience that fighting raise agro, slow down your casting and... mess everything.
    With my first doc, I tried to use weapons, and I discovered that it was fine... while fight was soft. But deadly when it was tought. Rather than increasing my power, weapons was reducing it by a lot.
    That's why I stoped to use weapons, and learned how to life without.
    It looks the same aply to every casters.

I have read many stuffes from doc, crat, NT... complaining about the lack of team "common sens". My reply to such had always been the same: they have to do their jobs despite the team fight.
    Doc and crat are overpower. Both could dream to dictate a team it's tactics. I do not want to do that, I prefer to adapt me to the team I'm in. It gives a best chalenge.

I imagine some crats complains because they do not get fun at protecting a team. They should pick another prof, imho.
    It's like those big atrox enf or ma complaining about AO being just "mass killing", they make no sens...
    If the only raison you pick crat prof is to be "Uber", I seriously doubdt you'll like it.

By now that I learned how to life without weapons, using them with casters looks loosy a max to me.
    When I want to throw some nice brawl, I relog with my ma. To use a cool mauser, I would create a fixer... and so on.
    With all my chars I do my job, not someone else one.

Okay, sometime, I read stuffes from brainless guy who try to convince with args like: "weapon=more damage" and "more damage=more power".
    That's just bull****. It's capacity to deal damages count for nothing when talking about a crat or a doc power.
    Crat's power is its capacity to block adds. Rest are cherries over the cake. You can fight if you like, but do not imagine it count positively in the mind of your teamate that died while you did it.

Redlick
    Last edited by Redlick; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 14:05:18.

hmm

I'm newbie crat, but I got from my doc/engie/meta experience that fighting raise agro, slow down your casting and... mess everything.i
    Jep, i get lots of agro becouse i usually go first, and i go first so there is no change any add, befouse they are calmed.

jep, using gun at low levels slow down you casting, but when you have instant calm/nuke it don't do that anymore,(your nuke don't have to wait for gun) and when adds are calmed i do my part of damage.

Crat is a leader, and real crow controller who make damage too at after 120+ teams

EDIT: actually crat do damage at any level, but before level 100 just use nuke.
    Last edited by NOVA; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 14:33:53.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Smile

Thanks to all who replied.

You have been a big help and i`ll start my crat tonight.

Feel free to continue posting if you have any other ideas.

Just to weigh in on the pro-weapon side:

I use a weapon because it allows me to focus on the wider situation. I sic my bot and pet, hit 'Q', then start rotating the camera in third-person to check for adds.

I find when I am chain-nuking, I am more likely to focus on a what we're fighting, and less likely to notice things that we're not fighting YET .

Also, I like to save my nano for the times when it goes: pulling...add...add, countered twice...oh shoot, add...add, run?

Like a lot of things, it's probably as much a matter of playstyle than anything else.
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

What weapon??

Well, ive tried a lot of weapons as my crat.

But my Leet Doll Roxxors!

electronicum

I use the ql60 original electronicum pistol at lvl54. Watch the trade channels... they ARE buyable at reasonable prices. I now have 5 of various ql with a total investment of 170k (got one as boss loot). Only uses pistol, fires relatively quickly, has nice little nano boosts. I usually get into a rhythm... shoot-shoot-nuke... shoot-shoot-nuke. Conserves nano for surprises like when your unstable and stable charms run out and bot dies at the same time leaving you with several angry mobs breathing on you. To those who say crat shouldn't shoot, I feel crats strength is balance across several abilities, one of which is pistol wielding (self buff +40 from low level). So I don't neglect it.

NTs and Crats have about the same weapon skills so I suggest you take a look in the NT forums as there are some very good weapon threads in there also (NTs are generally concerned with maximum damage so finding best weapon is a pretty hot topic)

I do what Rogoff does.

Have bot attack, start my own attacks with pistols and then use <-- and --> on the number pad to rotate the camera around in 3rd person perspective looking for adds. If none appear to be coming after about 3 or 4 rounds I'll start my nuking. While my nukes are casting and recharging I'm hitting with pistols and rotating the camera around. For some reason folks are impressed when you mez a mob through a doorway directly behind you. "Nice mez!"
    Playing off and on since August 9, 2001

You'll mez maybe two or three times a mission when you're in lvl 150+ teams. Anyone who thinks they'll never use a weapon will be dead weight when the entire team turns into tanks and damage dealers. Doctors, NTs or Crats are the same way. Get a weapon and help your team... Learn how to time your shots between nukes early and you'll be ahead of the game.

This also keeps you from being stuck in a recharge from a nuke and unable to cast mez if that is your primary role in a team.
    The Cubicle - All the Bureaucrat news you can bear to hear

Isrady Enforcer
    Cambist Crat
    Undoing Doctor

SHADOWQUEST-

Originally posted by Cambist
    This also keeps you from being stuck in a recharge from a nuke and unable to cast mez if that is your primary role in a team.
    Seriously.

That happened to me at Virusbuilders. I was trying to see how much damage I could do chain-nuking (because of this thread in fact), when a mob jumped the doc.

It's fairly embarassing to stand there numbly for 2+ seconds after someone yells "add".

On the plus side, I found that we do inflict a LOT of damage with nukes. My normal hit was for about the same amount as our Soldier's Burst.
    Last edited by Rogoff; Aug 24th, 2002 at 00:20:43.
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

i am currently duel wielding those MTI pistols that raise XP%. currently, two QL22 MTIs and baton = +7% xp. they dont do much damage but thats what your nukes and pets are for.

my two cents from a fellow n00b crat,
    kurtz

p.s. i am really enjoying playing crat

add: with the nukes; it's pretty cool to team w/ an MP to use the higher nukes. dont even attack w/ my pistols anymore b/c of the 733t damage output, but our nukes are pretty nice to go along w/ the red pets.
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Have heard alot about how bad the damage is on pistols is there any out there that actually an uber pistol ?????

Uber?
    Probably not in the way of a shotgun or semi-auto, no. But the Original Electronicum V3 w/ ATT rating of 750, hits for an average of 500-1000, and crits for 2k. And, it's fast!