Thread: Missions

Missions

Is there any way to tell if a mission is going to be a 3 hour behemoth or a 6 room jaunt when rolling at the terminals? Talkin solo here...

Arrow

Well... not exactly, but missions in a given ql range in a particular area will be fairly conistent in size. For example, missions in southern Clon**** are very often small.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, most of the missions I pull now are BS, Mort, Perpetual Wastes, SFP, or Avalon.

Is there a tell-tail sign in the mission description like "cave entrance" versus "building entrance"? Are there specific mission terminals that dole out shorter missions? I ask because Rome is good for pulling better paying missions and wondered if this idea carries over into mission size.

I remember seeing a while back .. that on Clicksaver it actually lists a location as GOLD when its a common small mission.. I had no problem running missions for tokens.

But I dont nkow if the latest and greatest does it.. havent used it in ages.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

Well, the location you pull from often determines the location of your destination. This is because the game tries to put missions farther and farther away as you get higher level.

So, you'd want to choose a mission terminal that tends to give missions at places that tend to be small. For Omni, I find that the mission terminals in Newland give me a good number of missions in Home and Southern Clon****. To my knowledge, those are the best spots for smaller missions.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

FYI: Just learned last night that you can tell the size of a mission by the amount of time you have to complete it (i.e. 11+ hours means a behemoth while 6- hours a fairly small one). Haven't tested it out for myself but I'll let you know.

Originally posted by Laroche
    FYI: Just learned last night that you can tell the size of a mission by the amount of time you have to complete it (i.e. 11+ hours means a behemoth while 6- hours a fairly small one). Haven't tested it out for myself but I'll let you know.
    LOL.

What?? That either makes no sense or its too obvious. Of course a mission that takes longer is bigger. That does not help us when choosing a mission in the first place! The only reliable way to get short missions is to know the areas that have them, such as Clon****, etc.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Originally posted by Strax

LOL.

What?? That either makes no sense or its too obvious. Of course a mission that takes longer is bigger. That does not help us when choosing a mission in the first place! The only reliable way to get short missions is to know the areas that have them, such as Clon****, etc.
    I think he means the time limit not the actual time you get it done in.

Oh! ok, THAT makes sense. It will be interesting to hear if the theory proves true; might try that tonight myself.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

I rolled 7 missions and here's what I came up with:

11 hrs -> ~45 mobs
    10 hrs -> ~45 mobs
    10 hrs -> ~50 mobs
    9 hrs -> ~33 mobs
    8 hrs -> ~45 mobs
    7 hrs -> ~15 mobs
    6 hrs -> ~15 mobs

Hmmm... It looks like theory holds true in general. That 8 hr mission is baffling tho. Any thoughts?