Thread: Charm psy limit...

Charm psy limit...

I was playing way back when this was put in. This limit was put in when nano resist didn't work properly. I think now that nano resist works properly, that the psy limit should be upped, or removed completely on nano that use this psy check method.

ill bump for that :>
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Sure I'll bump this.

It will never happen and hell it's a great idea since you could just make a psy cap on all the charms/fears at say 600 and give any mob (like guards and bosses) 600+ psy.

It will never happen, but it's a good suggestion.

My opinion on charm is that the psy check is not necessary. If anything, it should be a resistance check modified possibly by the target's psychic score... not just a flat yes/no.

I agree that there should be a limit on what you can charm (a lowbie crat should not be able to run out and charm a lvl 100 mob) but it should still be possible to charm something that's w/i 10-15 levels... even if the chance is reduced.

If the psy check was indeed added because resists didn't work, and they have indeed made significant improvements to mob resist functionality... then they should be removed. Simple as that to say, but I'm sure it's going to take quite a bit of coaxing for FC to change it... just because the psy component is what we're all "used to" now... and changing it might create a sudden balance shift, even if it's a positive change, IMHO.
    Hans "Kryllis" Kirklin
    84 Solitus Doctor - Loyal employee of Omni-Tek (Atlantean Dimension)
    "Yes, I know my beard doesn't match my hair... I'm a doctor, not a cosmetologist!"

Well looking at it again...the psy limit should just be upped. Soldier and enforcer mobs are pretty easy to land nano on because they have inherently low NR, So the psy limit should be upped not removed. A psy cap is necessary for those mobs with sucky NR. Just now that NR is actually WORKING, think the psy cap should be raised some.

And as for the psy limit being there because of dysfunctional NR in the early stages of the game, I'm sure I read this somewhere way back, and the logic certainly fits.

Edit: Fixed redundancy. Fixed redundancy.

Do a little dance.
    Give a little BUMP!

Up the Psy!