Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea that I need input on. mod. to forced bankrupcy.

Idea that I need input on. mod. to forced bankrupcy.

Just needed some input. Its a question i asked noer the the rooted thread concerning our professional report.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=59901

-thks
    Omni Trader on RK2

I dont see anything wrong with forced bankruptcy considering when stacked they work as well (if not better) than PVH. When soloing ql 189ish missions if I bothered to I can end most fights with 100% hp and 100 nano pool.

Half

they stack? explain more plz.

are you saying you can cast forced bankrupcy on a mob then cast it again on the same mob and have 2 dots running with the same nano.
    Is that what your saying?

- like a said, just started to use it.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Forced bankruptcy cast once on a mob will give you 271x3 - 268 = 548 nano. Now, chain cast forced bankruptcy 5 times. It will give you back 548x5 = @2740 nano. You will get nano whether or not the mob you drained is dead. Note that more you "stack" the nano drains the faster you regain nano.

As mercatura mentioned elsewhere, Hostile takeover is bugged, so casting on yourself will yield 271x3 - 134 = 679 nano return per cast -- but personally i dont use this when I'm at full def since with my NR the resist rate on it is too high. Also from just testing it in BY I see that Hostile Takeover doesn't stack like Forced bankruptcy does.

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Oct 17th, 2002 at 20:33:20.

Arrow

You can HT yourself then FB a boss 2 or 3 times but with all the recharge times, fumbles and counters you might only end up no gain and wasted time you should have healed yourself. Thankfully I can use 125 nano stims.

HT seems to stack on leets just like FB.

The delay waiting for the first nano gain really is a pain though.

FB is spending 268 nano, waiting to get 271, and then finally at the second tick you have your first real gain of another 271.

With HT you actually get a gain on the first tick, and when you need nano, you need it "NOW!"

If anyone wants to mess around and get a feel for it at lower levels, Margin Call is also bugged like HT.

Call it what you want, but HT and MC is almost what the nano drains should be, only they should be better

Either that or have it give the nano to the whole team. Everyone would love that Whole team means trader too, we have enough tradeoff nanos already FC.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Forced bankrupsy = good.
    Nice low reqs, I can cast it after first drain, returns a decent amount of nano, takes a long time to start doing it though so couldn't be considered over powerful, stackable, but sloow to cast.

If they 'fixed' it it would be useless though.. i.e. I don't think it should stack on the same mob, and I dont think you should continue to get nano when the mob is dead, but those 2 points are the most useful features.

I hardly use any nano kits at all, just need to find a leet somewhere, or hit every other mob in a team mission.

Like Plunders etc. it's a shame it has _no_ effect on mobs, but then I guess if it did you could stop getting nano if you finished the mobs nano pool off..

Just one question.. does anyone know if you stack it on players.. do they get stacked dots, or it just you that gets the stacky-goodness?
    In those long fights with docs/fixers I'm usually chain casting it and heals after the first minute or so.. before they run
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Originally posted by Womble

... I dont think you should continue to get nano when the mob is dead, but those 2 points are the most useful features.
    I don't use this line at all (yet), so my comment isn't about that, but your one specific point here. How is this different than divest/plunder/siphon and so on? Should we retain those bonuses afterwards? I understand that this ticks over time, so is different in that way, but isn't the logic the same? I know I'd love it if it didn't continue to drain *me* after tne NPC was dead, but you made me think there.

Originally posted by Vydas

I don't use this line at all (yet), so my comment isn't about that, but your one specific point here. How is this different than divest/plunder/siphon and so on? Should we retain those bonuses afterwards? I understand that this ticks over time, so is different in that way, but isn't the logic the same? I know I'd love it if it didn't continue to drain *me* after tne NPC was dead, but you made me think there.
    well the way I look at it, when the divest/plunder/siphon is cast, at that point in time it transfers those 'points' to us, but the effect only lasts for 3 minutes then needs to be re-done because it has worn off.. with the nano dot's, every 30 seconds (or whatever the exact time is) an amount of nano is taken from the target and transfered to us, if the target is dead, where are these new amounts of nano being transfered from?
    I don't think it's a big pool of nano that is taken when we cast then parts of it become available to us over time.. because in that case, there would be no dot on the target, just a one time removal of nano.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

That makes sense . If they do fix it (heh!), then I'd also think it would make sense if the fix included having our pools being drained after the mob is dead. But, yes, I understand what you are saying, it's the time element that makes the difference.

With 854-954 Nano resist, even at full aggro, I counter Hostile Takeover too often. Since pvp is pretty much all I do now, at full def Hostile Takeover just won't land.

Let me clarify: as with forced backruptcy, HT does stack on a mob but doesn't stack on self.

If I was 30% nano pool and need to get full FAST I do have the option of chain casting 4 forced bankruptcies. The nano regain rate is probably 2-3x faster than PVH.

Combined with the handmade ql 130ish heal/nano kit, notum focus (+800 nano every 30 min), Forced bankruptcy will keep my nano pool near 100% in PvM and in a drawn-out 1v1 pvp fight. Haven't had the chance to really play with it in mass PvP yet.

Half

Just did some testing on this, FB stacks on mobs, not on players in pvp. HT doesn't stack on yourself.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

Doesnt stack in pvp...

If you fumble/get resisted when casting forced bankrupcy, and recast you might gain 250ish nano in 60 sec.. pretty useless if you ask me.

Make it work like health plunders!
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Originally posted by Cudus
    Doesnt stack in pvp...

If you fumble/get resisted when casting forced bankrupcy, and recast you might gain 250ish nano in 60 sec.. pretty useless if you ask me.

Make it work like health plunders!
    Forced Bankruptcy is crying out for a nerf as it is It works too well in PvM.

EDIT: Yeah in pvp you can cast 10 nano drains on your enemy and he/she'll lose @900 nano per minute max. 1 cast of FB, assuming its not countered, gets you 545 nano in 60 seconds -- not so hot. 4 casts of FB, assuming no counters, gets you 2180 nano in 75 seconds: too long of a wait when you're bottomed out on nano and need a quick refill maybe, it works for me though

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Oct 18th, 2002 at 22:08:07.

Half your saying you got FB to stack on pvp? I spent about 10 minutes experimenting on my fixer friend and I couldnt get it to stack.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

please clarify.

So in PvM, it is better to cast FB on yourself?????

Just need a yes or no answer.

Originally posted by Trader Doug
    Half your saying you got FB to stack on pvp? I spent about 10 minutes experimenting on my fixer friend and I couldnt get it to stack.
    Yes, I get more nano back from chaining FB in PvP than single casting, if that's what you mean. There's no way I can empty my target's nano pool though, I can chain cast 100 FBs and the opponent will only lose 900ish nano every 60 seconds.

Half

Arrow

I dont see how its so great in pvm.

With counters, fumbles and recharge time it wastes so much time youre lucky to get nano back when you need it.

1 counter or fumble take 2 successful castings to end up even minus the nano you might see in 2 minutes.

It would be nice for bosses/long mobs if it wasnt for so many counters and fumbles.

Quick mobs I use kits anyways. One less nano to worry about

half, I'm pretty sure it doesn't stack in pvp so why would it be better to chain cast it on someone than just cast it on them once? And I finally put FB to use in pvm. Know that i realize it stacks it's awesome. I can gain like 2k nano in one minute by casting it 3/4 times.

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

I've tested FB on a player in the arena 100 times and it does stack. If you dont think so I'll try it on you in the arena, hows that? One time I jumped a lvl 190+ fixer in the arena and then a lvl 150 clanner Ma joined in. I divest/plundered on the MA to get him off my back and then I drained the fixer and healed myself. Now.. I was at down to 20% Nano pool. I stacked enough FB on the fixter within a 15 second time span to get back to full nano in no time.

In PvM depending on mobs, FB is a waste of time, depending on how you use it. Note: I usually never actually used FB in missions unless I ran out of rechargers in the middle of a mission. FB isnt a MUST USE nano, but if used correctly it'll save you a few rechargers in a mission. That's all

Also keep in mind sometimes in Camelot or even in 2ho aggro stays with you and you can't recharge. FB is an alternative when your rechargers are out of comission.

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Oct 21st, 2002 at 01:46:02.

Arrow

Bah, aggro goes on the MA, you should know that Oh wait you mean player aggro

I could see using it in the box room....on the ghasaps too lol. I wish we could convince everyone to let us have a calmed grey there. It would almost be easier trying to get them all to not shoot a clanner.

If I can land plunder on the boss in 2 or 3 tries, I usually do use FB.

If I can't refresh plunder I probably won't get much aggro anyways, back to kits.

Its a near party trick on leets though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast